We have filled the Event Coordinator position. Thank you for your interest.
City Arts is always looking for editorial interns. Interns provide invaluable support to the magazine, the website, social media and events. Interns will gain insight into the editorial, design and production processes. College graduates pursuing careers in journalism, publishing or marketing are preferred. These are unpaid positions.
- Copyediting, proofreading, transcribing and fact-checking as needed
- Researching and compiling info for print and online event previews
- Researching feature topics
- Writing and/or photographing for occasional event previews and blog assignments
- Securing and organizing digital artwork files
- Contributing to marketing and in-house ad materials
- Providing support at sponsored events (for interns 21+)
You do not need prior experience in journalism to apply for a City Arts internship. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, independent and graceful under pressure. A background in writing, the arts and/or communications is a plus.
- Minimum commitment of two eight-hour days per week for three months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, e-mail and Web research
- Familiarity with standard social media platforms
- Ready access to email and Internet outside our offices
To apply, please e-mail your resume and two writing samples to email@example.com, along with a brief letter of interest describing your interest in City Arts and the subjects we cover (e.g., theater, live music, visual arts, dance) in one document. City Arts editorial internships run in approximate three-month intervals. We are always accepting application materials.
Looking for a fun way to volunteer in the Seattle arts community? City Arts is looking for energetic, engaging, friendly volunteers to represent us at local events and festivals throughout the year! Perks include movie tickets, restaurant gift certificates, theatre tickets, guest list invites to City Arts events and more. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your response, please include:
- Your availability
- Seattle neighborhood where you live
- Professional/social background
- Your top three favorite local art/music events
- If you are over 21 years of age (some of our events have age limitations)
City Arts lovers, students, music enthusiasts, and artists of all kinds are encouraged to apply.